Monday, September 28, 2009

Getting Acquainted

I have failed to mention that I have a boyfriend/bodygaurd. He's 12. I'm kidding about the boyfriend part of course, though I seem to be quite popular with the boys under the age of 17. Dawan is 12 and he is a trip and a half. That boy is going to be a handful when he hits puberty. He and his sister Nana( who is 15) are two really great kids. Neither of them speak English extremely well, but they are working on it. He wanted me to come sit in the bedroom while he went to take a shower, but it came out as him asking me to accompany him to the shower, so that was good for a laugh. I was mocked for quite a bit. :-/ I am going to severely miss both of them though, because they are quite wonderful. I am actually going to miss a lot of the younger kids. One kid, Adam (ad-ahm) is 5 and just cute as can be. I finally figured out a way to bond with him, and that is to play soccer with him. He has three older brothers and two of them Alif and Arif are just wonderful. They are 16 and 15 respectively. Both are incredibly smart and have great futures ahead of them I think.

Last Monday we went to the KL Tower. It is a huge building in downtown KL. It is one of the tallest in the world. We went up to the top and you can see for miles and miles all around the city. It was such an amazing view. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was from up there. After the tower trip we stopped at this seafood restaurant, which was quite delicious. I had this fantastic apple juice drink and shrimp fried rice. It was just a nice relaxing evening out and I was grateful to just sit back and enjoy being with all of the family.

The day after Tie, Bad, Nisa, my dad and I tried to go over to the Patronus Towers, but they were closed for Raya. We rode on the KTLR which is the metro transport here in Kuala Lumpur. Got to take in more of the scenic views while riding. Since the Towers were closed we decided to go over to KLCC which is a shopping center. It is about 5 or 6 stories tall. We walked around and did some looking around for things for the wedding, then headed off to get some lunch. Now let me tell you, the food court was huge, so many options. I think I settled on a sesame chicken and rice dish. Then Tie and I got this amazing waffle with ice cream. I was jonesing for some American food, and that hit the spot. We got chocolate ice cream and my new favorite, YAM ice cream! So delicious! Oh and later we had New Zealand ice cream.. I had a scoop of toffee and a scoop of honey with butterscotch pieces!

After looking around some more, we went down to the Aquarium there. Aquaria KLCC. Oh it was so amazing! We walked around and looked at all of the little exhibits with all the different fish and sea creatures. The crowning glory is the tunnel you walk through with all of the fish and animals swimming all around you. I made friends with a Ray that kept swimming over my head and behind my back. There were sharks and rays and catfish the size of a small car. All kinds of amazing creatures swimming around to look at and snap plenty of pictures of. We managed to catch divers coming down with food and we watched the guy tease one of the giant rays with some fish to get it to swim around and do "tricks". We also happened to be in the right place at the right time to watch a live feeding. Let me tell you, watching thousands of fish fight for food is both awe inducing and frightening. I can't even imagine what the piranha feeding looks like.

After we left KLCC we went to India Town. It is exactly what it sounds like, the Indian portion of town. A lot of the shops were closed for Raya, which was a recurring theme. We did a lot of looking around for particular pieces of clothing needed for the wedding. Unfortunately we didn't have much luck. Lucky for me however, we were there during Raya because it was pretty void of people, when it is usually packed to the brim and hard to move around. We then hopped over to Old Town White Coffee. I don't know what the difference between regular and white coffee is, but my god it was good. I had an iced white coffee and mmmmmmmmm! After that back on the KTLR and home for a bit. Later on we went to this shopping center Mines, and I got 2 new pairs of glasses! Hooray! I am loving how cheap things are here compared to the states. We got 3 pairs of glasses and a set of contact lenses for cheaper than what one pair of glasses would cost at home.

I am going to pass out on the keyboard, so more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment