Thursday, October 1, 2009

Let the Frenzy Begin

So things had been semi-stressful most of the week with wedding stuff. Most nights there were so many people here, I couldn't think straight, but I started to learn how to adapt to it. We had a lady come over to do henna for Nisa and my dad for the wedding, but she also did, Nisha, Tie, myself and a few of the other girls. I loved my henna hand! :-) We also went and got our eyebrows threaded.. which was interesting. Not as painful as tweezing or waxing ladies!


We did have a bachelorette party type evening for Nisa. A large group of us, Nisa, my dad, Tie, Nisha, Boy, Bad, me, Zaileen,her sisters, Ayin, and Nalin all went to this restaurant called the Sky Bar , and let me tell you it was wonderful! Amazing view of downtown KL and stunning pool in the middle of the place. Food was yummy. I had 2 French Martini's, so good! Strange being the only one drinking though. After dinner we split up. The boys took my dad out and us girls took Nisa out. We went to this club called the Loft. It was odd though, because of the H1N1 outbreak we had to have our temperatures taken before we could enter the club. Got a nifty fever free sticker though. This place was more like a R&B dance club. We had a great time just dancing and enjoying the night life. "Single Ladies" came on and we all just went all out, and of course poked fun at Nisa's last days of being single. Afterwards we went to this side of the road soup place, and it was delicious. I actually ate a lambs intestine...

Thursday was really just a day for last minute running around and getting wedding stuff taken care of.

Friday was D-Day so to speak... wedding day. The religious ceremony wasn't until 6 at night, which meant up early and lots of waiting around. If there is one thing my dad and I have in common it is a deep hatred of sitting around waiting for something like that. Thank god for Nisha, because she took me out to run last minute errands which got me out of the house, which was full of people. The men all went to Friday prayers around 1, so that helped calm things down for a bit. Around 3 we all started getting ready, which meant putting on our Baju's. Plus since we were going to the mosque I had to keep my head covered. The scarf we initially got didn't seem to want to stay on at all. So after a little switching around we found a good one for me, but it made me look like Little Red Riding Hood. We got to the mosque around 4, and it was so beautiful. Went inside and the women and men were separated into rooms to wait. Eventually we were called down into this little hall where the ceremony was being held. It was a nice, short service, but we sat on the floor so my leg kept falling asleep. The way it worked was my dad, and Boy and her dad all sat on the stage with two of the elders of the family and the man that presided over the ceremony. Nisa sat on a pillow on the floor with her closest female family around her. Her dad and my dad both had to recite some things, and Boy read this long list of things. Upon offering a gift of 80 RM, it was official. They exchanged rings
and he kissed her forhead and they were married! :-D Afterwards there was a lot of picture taking up on the stage. Then back to the house for another giant feast and lots of people.

I am so lucky to have Nisa as my step-mom! I love her so much and I welcome her to the family with open arms. I also have wonderful Step-Aunts in Tie and Nisha and great step-uncles in Boy and Bad(even if he is younger than me). My new grandmother is an absolute sweetie and I have an abundance of new cousins to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment